Please see the following links for ways you can self refer to different services available without the need of seeing your GP.
- Diabetic Eye Screening – Use this referral if you are a newly diagnosed diabetic and have not heard about your retinal eye screening. These are usually sent out automatically but if you don’t hear from them you may use this form.
- Community Podiatry Referral – Foot Health – For routine foot problems please use this referral form which you may drop into the surgery to be emailed if you need us to send it. For urgent issues please see the bottom of the referral form for walk in clinic times.
- What to do in a mental health crisis? – If you are suffering from any mental health problems then you may find this link useful. Alternatively please contact the surgery and book with our CPN Kate. You can also visit Southwark Health Hub for help with managing your life with mental health by clicking here.
- Big White Wall – Big White Wall is a safe online community of people who are anxious, down or not coping who support and help each other by sharing what’s troubling them, guided by trained professionals. Southwark residents going through a tough time or struggling with mental health issues can now get free online support. The service is designed to help people get support, take control and feel better. It provides 24/7 peer and professional support (with trained counsellors online at all times), plus a range of wellbeing tools to help people self-manage. Southwark residents can use Big White Wall to access online guided support courses, talk to other Big White Wall members, create bricks to express themselves through images and find useful articles. This service is safe and anonymous, so no one will know you have chosen to use it unless you tell them. The only information that you have to provide is your postcode.
Here are the links to self refer for antenatal pregnancy:
If you are in the first four months of your pregnancy and you are having bleeding, abdominal pain you can self-refer to the local Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU)
Sexual Health Services
You can also refer yourself to Sexual Health Services by clicking here.
If you would like to order an online home testing kit for all sexual transmitted infections and have no symptoms then click here. You are also able to order online prescriptions for oral contraception using the same link.
Healthwatch Southwark – Information and signposting
Healthwatch Southwark provides an independent, confidential information and signposting service. We support people to access health and social care services and resolve difficulties. We are a small team but if we don’t know the answer, we will try to find someone who does.
- Put you in touch with sources of information, or direct you to NHS and social care services
- Explain how to complain about services and where to get support with this
- Put you in touch with an advocacy service if you need it
- Feed back themes or key issues to commissioners and those responsible, so they can make improvements
- Investigate your complaint
- Make a complaint for you
- Take on casework to resolve issues ourselves
- Give medical advice or advice on where to go
Click here to visit website
To refer yourself to The Gateway Clinic for Acupuncture Services, please click here.
Does your weight or how you look affect the way you feel about yourself?
Do you worry that you have lost control over how much you eat?
Do you do something to compensate if you feel you have eaten too much (make yourself sick, over-exercise or take laxatives)?
If you answer yes to any of the above please click here.