Accessible Information Standard (AIS) policy
Accessible Information Standard NHS England
DMC Healthcare conform to the Accessible Information Standard to ensure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss are able to access and understand any information or communication support they need. All of the services across DMC Healthcare ensure that service users can access and understand the information they are given. This is inclusive of making arrangements for information to be converted into a different format such as braille, easy read or via email. DMC Healthcare will also assist in supporting people with communication needs, such as support from a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, deafblind interpreter or an advocate.
DMC will ensure that:
- Service users are asked if they have any communication or information needs and will make reasonable adjustments to meet those needs.
- All requirements are recorded clearly and are flagged appropriately in the service user’s file.
- Information is shared about service user requirements with other providers where they have the consent to do so.
- The necessary steps are taken to satisfy that individuals receive information which they can assess and understand.
- Leaflets are provided in a large font.
- There is promotion of the induction loop system and will continually provide staff with training.
- Signage is clear and non-obstructive.
- Allow guide dogs where possible or other assistance dogs into buildings.
- Allow disabled patients to make appointments by other methods such as, text messaging and email.
DMC Healthcare undertake annual facilities checks to ensure that the environment is accessible to all patients
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.