Suggestions and Complaints




At DMC Chadwick Road Surgery, we are passionate about patient care and constantly seek ways to improve the quality of our healthcare service we offer to patients, service users, and the community, but sometimes things can go wrong. If you are unhappy with your care or the service you have received, it is important to let us know so we can improve

Please note, all complaints are treated with confidence. Making or raising a complaint will not impact your treatment apart from the very rare occasion where the relationship has broken down, registration with DMC may need to be reviewed.


To whom should I complain initially? 

Often the quickest way of resolving a concern is by raising it directly with a member of staff or the reception team as soon as you can. They will attempt to deal with the matter as quickly as possible.  

However, if this is not the case, please can we ask that you put your complaint in writing to the surgery addressed to the Practice Manager. 


What is the time limit for making a complaint? 

You can make a formal complaint to the practice in writing. This will be acknowledged within 3 days. A response to your complaint must be provided within 25 working days. If that timeframe is not possible, you will be told why, and the timeframe extended.


If you are not satisfied with our response

If you are not happy with the response, within 6 months, you should send a letter to: The Chief Medical Officer, DMC Healthcare Head Office, 60 Chadwick Road, London, SE15 4PU. Your case will then be appropriately reviewed by DMC senior management.

If you remain unhappy after we have tried to resolve your complaint locally, the next stage of the complaints process is to contact the Ombudsman at: 

The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower, Millbank
London, SW1P 4QP
Tel: 0345 015 4033


Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else

Please note that we adhere strictly to rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we must know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless you have a legal right to act on their behalf.