Annual Health Review
The Surgery is starting a new procedure of your annual reviews for patients who are identified as having one or more chronic illnesses which should be monitored at least once a year.
The annual review
The practice team has decided to do these reviews on your birthday month from now on.
This will benefit you in the following ways:
- Reduce the number of times you are asked to attend
- Make it easier for you to order your medication through the year
- Optimise your health
- Easier to remember when your reviews are due.
It will also make our appointment planning easier to manage throughout the year. This will benefit you and other patients by making more appointments available for changes in health that need more urgent attention.
What happens next?
- We will contact you around your birthday month to make an appointment to see the health care assistant first. You will have some basics checks e.g. blood pressure, and blood tests if necessary.
- If a blood test is needed you will be asked to return for a second appointment for the health assessment and review of your medication once the test results have been received.
- If no blood test is needed, you will have your health assessment at the first appointment.
- Your health assessment will be with a clinical pharmacist, practice nurse or a GP.
- The whole process should take up no more than 2 appointments if all is well.
As we are introducing this system in the middle of the year, (for us the year runs from April to March) you may have had a review already and your birthday is later in the year. Or you have not been called up yet, but your birthday is between April and August. Don’t worry we are trying to catch up but will not call you in again if you had a full review already.
If you have any questions regarding this, please let us know so that we can clarify the plan to you.
Dr Gertrud Buerstedde
DMC Clinical Lead GP- SOUTHWARK