Our practice nurses can help you with everything from long-term management of chronic diseases to health promotion and screening.
- Asthma & Diabetes: Monitoring asthma and diabetes to prevent complication and optimise medication.
- Bloods: Routine blood tests.
- Child Health: Monitoring child development and administering vaccination and immunisations for babies.
- Cholesterol Checking: We offer routine monitoring and a test to those with a family history of raised cholesterol.
- Contraception: We can provide you with the full range of contraception, from free condoms to the morning-after pill, as well as offering general sexual health advice and cervical screening and STD testing.
- Ear Care: We offer ear syringing to unblock wax and advise about preventing ear problems .
- Health Assessment: We offer Well Woman and Well Man clinics and blood pressure checks.
- Pregnancy Tests: We offer free pregnancy tests.
- Sexual Health Advice: General sexual health advice, cervical screening and STD testing.
- Counselling: Counselling for a wide range of patient needs.
- Vaccinations and Immunisations: Child immunisations including immunisations for babies. We also do travel vaccinations, but please ensure that you have your vaccinations at least six weeks prior to travel.
- Wound Dressings and Wound Care: We can replace dressings and provide general advice and care to optimise healing. Stitch and suture removal.
- Audiology: InHealth run a clinic on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to assess the hearing of adults. This is managed by InHealth and referrals are direct from the GP.
- Baby Clinic: We run a baby clinic on a Tuesday from 13:30 – 15:30. This is a drop-in clinic for advice and weight checking. Attention, please note from 6th of September 2016, the Health visitor’s Tuesday baby clinic at DMC Chadwick Road will be moved to the Townley Road Clinic SE22 8SW between 9.30am & 12:00 noon every Tuesdays. The clinic will no longer be available at the GP Premises. Thank you for your corperation.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: We can help treat a variety of problems including anxiety, eating disorders and substance abuse. We run high and low intensity sessions every Tuesday.
- Prevention of Heart Disease: All patients with heart disease will receive annual monitoring. We have access to health trainers who can provide healthy lifestyle advice. We are also starting to do vascular checks on all 40-70 year olds. Please book in with the practice nurse for further advice.
- Maternity Services: There is a midwife practice at the surgery for antenatal, home birth and postnatal care. We run sessions on Monday, Friday and Saturday mornings at the Crystal Palace Road branch. Please ask reception for directions. Midwife Leaflet
- Smoking Cessation Advice: To book an appointment with one of our specially trained smoking advisors, please call the surgery or ask at reception.
- Travel Health Clinic: Any vaccinations can be arranged through our practice nurse. Please come in to see the nurse at least six weeks prior to travel. You can then discuss your vaccination needs and be advised of any costs involved. We can also immunise you against Yellow Fever without you having to visit a specialist clinic. Fee of £65 per patient applies.
- Weight / Diet: General advice on diet and healthy nutrition is available from the practice nurse. If necessary you will be referred to by the community dietician who is available during surgery hours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and alternate Thursdays. We have a height/weight and blood pressure machine situated in reception for all patient to use, please ask at reception if you require further details.